neilikha asked: Hey Tony, any tips for people who are new and keen to learn about photography? :)
Hi, Neil! Thanks for your note…
I see you’ve got a Nikon D7000 - good choice! So… tips:
- Learn as much as you can about how your camera works and what it is capable of - read the manual and experiment with the settings so you know what they do. Take plenty of images so that you can learn what each function does as you learn about it
- Read a good book on exposure. Try Michael Freeman’s “The Photographer’s Exposure Field Guide”, which is cheap and an excellent guide. I’ve linked the title to Amazon’s UK page where the book is priced at £6.39
- Once you know how light works and is captured by the camera you can use it to make your images more creative
- Think about the image you’re going to take. Check around the viewfinder to make sure there are no distractions from the main subject. Keep the camera level and squeeze the shutter release GENTLY
- Most of all ENJOY what you’re doing. Photography is a great medium for self-expression. Be creative!
Hope that helps, Neil.
If anyone wants to reblog this please feel free to do so